PB's newgui

More
24 Jun 2013 23:30 #11316 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic PB's newgui
I'll download the emu tonight, i have some ideas for a template that i'd like to share.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2013 00:34 #11318 by Pattaya01
Replied by Pattaya01 on topic PB's newgui

PhracturedBlue wrote: I think the code has stabilized well enough that it is time to merge it into the mainline. That also means it should be safe enough to try on your Tx now. I won't be doing dfu builds for it until it is merged though.

If anyone has any concerns, let me know.

Completely agree with you. Time to move to the next level. Would like to test the emulator with your latest fixes and I don't think 743e23.zip reflects them. Could you upload your last build?

More
25 Jun 2013 03:47 #11323 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic PB's newgui

PhracturedBlue wrote:

vlad_vy wrote: Without any specific idea, to fill screen only.

It looks nice, and if you provide the ini file, I'll add it to the templates, but the default should be for the most-common setup:
6 channels and no telemetry

I agree, it's overladen layout. It's only example of objects placement with most controls on the screen. I will send ini file later today, as soon as I return to home.

More
25 Jun 2013 04:59 - 25 Jun 2013 05:00 #11325 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB's newgui
I updated the download page with the most recent devo12 code. I also included rbe's RTC code (though it will only be supported by the devo12). The code still needs some cleanup, and the configuration page is not accessible yet, but the 'Clock' is available to show on the main page in any small-box or big-box
Last edit: 25 Jun 2013 05:00 by PhracturedBlue.

More
25 Jun 2013 05:19 #11326 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic PB's newgui
Now the DEVO 12 has only 3 configurable timers.
Is it an effect of the RTC feature, or just a mergeing mistake?

More
25 Jun 2013 05:33 - 25 Jun 2013 08:56 #11327 by vlad_vy
What does it mean? And emulator eventually exit at translated USB page.

Also, will be nice do not refresh values that not changed on time for refresh (date, telemetry values and so on). If 'new value' = 'old value' then do not refresh. At that case values will not flicker, and it will reduce resource consumption.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jun 2013 08:56 by vlad_vy.

More
25 Jun 2013 06:03 #11328 by Kdean
Here is what ive been working on. This will be how i layout my gui when the version is released.

It shows all toggles when the switch is activated, two boxes for knob values or can be set to show pitch and gyro gain like i did with this setup. A big box that displays the thottle output from 0% to 100%. Its also reflects the changes made by flight mode and throttle hold switched. I also have the gyro % channel set with the mix switch and values are displayed in the box above the mix toggle.

Attachments:

More
25 Jun 2013 06:07 #11329 by PhracturedBlue
The RTC code does need some more work as I mentioned. I added a configuration page and fixed the number of timers (there should be 4 timers plus the clock)
rbe had the code set to not refresh if there was no change. However I didn't understand what his code was doing so I removed it until I can understand it better.

More
25 Jun 2013 06:41 - 25 Jun 2013 06:42 #11332 by Kdean
Playing with the new build, there is one thing that i wished was possible.

Would it be possible to have the option to change a box in the list from a small-box to a big-box and vice versa? This would save time if you simply wanted to have a bigger box display where a small box is. As it is now you will have to delet the small box and replace it with a big box from scratch, which also may caues the box list in edit page to get confusing.
Last edit: 25 Jun 2013 06:42 by Kdean.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
25 Jun 2013 10:05 #11334 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic PB's newgui

PhracturedBlue wrote: ...rbe had the code set to not refresh if there was no change. However I didn't understand what his code was doing so I removed it until I can understand it better.

Please tell me how I can help. I don't know which code part do you mention?

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
25 Jun 2013 10:06 - 25 Jun 2013 10:09 #11335 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic PB's newgui

Kdean wrote: ...change a box in the list from a small-box to a big-box and vice versa?..

I missed that too.

EDIT: maybe an additional button in the dialog? But this would result in a longer list which contains all boxes (whether big or small) (and the corresponding numbering) - too much hassle?
Last edit: 25 Jun 2013 10:09 by rbe2012.

More
25 Jun 2013 12:32 - 26 Jun 2013 06:48 #11339 by vlad_vy

vlad_vy wrote: Without any specific idea, to fill screen only.

File Attachment:

File Name: model1_2013-06-25.ini
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: model2_2013-06-25.ini
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jun 2013 06:48 by vlad_vy.

More
25 Jun 2013 13:24 - 25 Jun 2013 13:28 #11342 by vlad_vy
Why 'Trimmer' object has 1-7 trim, but hasn't 'None'? It cann't be hidden, deleted only.
Last edit: 25 Jun 2013 13:28 by vlad_vy.

More
25 Jun 2013 14:34 #11345 by PhracturedBlue

vlad_vy wrote: Why 'Trimmer' object has 1-7 trim, but hasn't 'None'? It cann't be hidden, deleted only.

Good catch. I fixed it. This also broke all ini files you guys have done. make sure to update the trim 'source' on any you want to keep.

More
25 Jun 2013 14:40 #11346 by PhracturedBlue

Kdean wrote: Playing with the new build, there is one thing that i wished was possible.

Would it be possible to have the option to change a box in the list from a small-box to a big-box and vice versa? This would save time if you simply wanted to have a bigger box display where a small box is. As it is now you will have to delet the small box and replace it with a big box from scratch, which also may caues the box list in edit page to get confusing.

It would not be technically hard, though there are several corner-cases to deal with. For instance if the object was too close to the edge, we'd need to recompute the coordinates and move it.
In the end, I'm just not going to do it though. I don't think many people will spend hours playing around with the layout.
The better solution, would be to write a Java app to let you design GUIs and give you full flexibility for things like this. Not very high on my list though.

More
25 Jun 2013 17:32 #11349 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic PB's newgui

PhracturedBlue wrote:

vlad_vy wrote: Why 'Trimmer' object has 1-7 trim, but hasn't 'None'? It cann't be hidden, deleted only.

Good catch. I fixed it. This also broke all ini files you guys have done. make sure to update the trim 'source' on any you want to keep.

Yes, the default template is broken too...

More
25 Jun 2013 17:39 #11350 by Kdean
Back to the drawing board, literaly....

More
25 Jun 2013 17:48 - 25 Jun 2013 18:10 #11351 by vlad_vy
There are only 3 timers. At config page I can select Timer1 and Timer2 only.
Last edit: 25 Jun 2013 18:10 by vlad_vy.

More
25 Jun 2013 18:30 #11352 by vlad_vy
In the middle, third box from top = CH1

Attachments:

More
25 Jun 2013 19:29 #11353 by PhracturedBlue
I've fixed several more timer/rtc related bugs, and added the ability to see the date as well as the time on the front page.
I also fixed the trims in the template for all Tx types.
I fixed the usb page for the Russians as well.

I think that is everything that has been reported. The RTC stuff ended up being pretty invasive, so there may still be a few more issues with it, but hopefully it is almost there now.

Kdean: (a) I haven't yet released a new binary with the fixes I mentioned, and (b) you can just update the ini file adding 1 to each of the trims in the last value. I.e. change:
V-trim=131,75,0
to
V-trim=131,75,1

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds