PB's newgui

More
06 Jul 2013 07:22 #12006 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic PB's newgui
You have to press hard, and accurate. I thought it was just normal so no one complained about it. I've never used the stock firmware so cant say if its worse in deviation, but it is normal to me now? And i try to work around it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2013 08:44 #12027 by Pattaya01
Replied by Pattaya01 on topic PB's newgui
PB: What is your opinion on this issue?

More
07 Jul 2013 14:21 #12040 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB's newgui
Go trough calibration to the testpage. sit there and play with it and see if you can get a touch to give an unexpected x/y location (touching the same point or around a point should work.

I don't think there is a bug in the code. More likely this is yet another quirk in the Devo12 hardware where you can't rely on the 1st value you read from it. I'll likely need to be able to replicate it on my own hardware to fix it.

As I've said before, and I'll continue saying forever, if you don't file a bitbucket ticket though, it may never get fixed.

More
08 Jul 2013 01:11 #12056 by Pattaya01
I have done that and went touching for about 1/2 hour, observing the numbers. I had 1 occasion where the second number should have been 210 and went 176, but I am not even sure that that wasn't me.

3 people, including me, have reported issues touching the screen during normal operation. Please look a bit back on the posts. I have no idea how to file a "bitbucket ticket". I am just trying to help testing this software to make it better. If no-one can fix it without this "bitbucket ticket" procedure, then just let it be.

More
08 Jul 2013 01:36 #12057 by ave1
Replied by ave1 on topic PB's newgui
I flew for six hours today and the TX did not have one issue. It seems (This touch issue) to manifest itself when we are making adjustments to our TX. But, Pattaya01 your input here has also been invaluable and my being somewhat analytical, there is a need to process request and fulfill them via an organized system. I don't know how to file a bit bucket request either. But, maybe we can ask. I have seen in my own work life, things work best, things get done when there is a system. Some call it anal but, you will see a system in place in every competent and productive laboratory in the world. I suspect that is the case here. Let's ask how to file one.

More
08 Jul 2013 01:49 #12058 by PhracturedBlue
I'm sure this is documented somewhere, or at least it should be. It is quite easy.

Go here:
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/i...atus=new&status=open
click 'Create Issue'. Fill out as much info as you have.

More
08 Jul 2013 01:58 #12059 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic PB's newgui
Well, I installed the latest build on my 7E to test out the new Trim button features - and suddenly GUI config is really, really busted. As in I can add items, but can't seem to control their placement, and some things don't work (BarGraph) and even reboot the Tx (Big Box).

I take it this is the result of the code no longer fitting on the 7E.
If so maybe the "add" functionality should be disabled on the 7E?

And what's the best way to configure the main page for a model on the 7E?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
08 Jul 2013 03:17 #12060 by Pattaya01

PhracturedBlue wrote: I'm sure this is documented somewhere, or at least it should be. It is quite easy.

Go here:
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/i...atus=new&status=open
click 'Create Issue'. Fill out as much info as you have.

OK, done. Issue #383

More
08 Jul 2013 03:21 #12061 by PhracturedBlue

mwm wrote: Well, I installed the latest build on my 7E to test out the new Trim button features - and suddenly GUI config is really, really busted. As in I can add items, but can't seem to control their placement, and some things don't work (BarGraph) and even reboot the Tx (Big Box).

I take it this is the result of the code no longer fitting on the 7E.
If so maybe the "add" functionality should be disabled on the 7E?

And what's the best way to configure the main page for a model on the 7E?

'Add' should have been disabled on the devo7e. You will be able to load a template and configure the elements on a template, but not modify object placement on the devo7e.

More
08 Jul 2013 03:31 #12063 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic PB's newgui

PhracturedBlue wrote:

mwm wrote: And what's the best way to configure the main page for a model on the 7E?

'Add' should have been disabled on the devo7e. You will be able to load a template and configure the elements on a template, but not modify object placement on the devo7e.

I guess I wasn't clear. What I really want to know is - how do I go about creating a template? Are there any available for the GUI I can start with?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
08 Jul 2013 05:51 #12065 by PhracturedBlue
Before release I'll have added some. In the mean time, you can create them using the devo10 emulator, then copy the 'gui' portion from the model.ini to a new template ini file.

More
09 Jul 2013 01:55 #12111 by Pattaya01

PhracturedBlue wrote: Go trough calibration to the testpage. sit there and play with it and see if you can get a touch to give an unexpected x/y location (touching the same point or around a point should work.

I don't think there is a bug in the code. More likely this is yet another quirk in the Devo12 hardware where you can't rely on the 1st value you read from it. I'll likely need to be able to replicate it on my own hardware to fix it.

A bit more information on this. I have again re-installed the original Devention software, version 1.5A with library 1.0.8 and have noticed a fundamental difference in the way a touch on the screen is being handled.

When you touch an icon in the Devention SW, the command is being executed after about 1/2 a second. It will jump to the page or action required and does nothing further until you release the stylus and push a new spot.

So even you continue pushing your stylus on the screen, the SW will wait until you lift the stylus to give another command.

I have added this info also as a comment on the #383.

I also noticed the original software has more space between the icons and buttons and the are generally bigger, which will make it less likely to mis-intrepid the position of the stylus.

Maybe this will help you in locating the problem.

More
09 Jul 2013 05:32 #12119 by coaster
Replied by coaster on topic PB's newgui
Hi all

this happens to devo 12 nightly build ddf6350:

if the last model selected is one with devo protocol,
after power on the tx the splash Screen waits until the
binding procedure ist done. the Problem is that you dont
see the selected model until the main Screen is displayed.

greetings
Graziano

More
27 Jul 2013 01:56 #12542 by Pattaya01
It has been 3 weeks ago since there was a "nightly" and I also did not see any changes on the bitbucket open issues. I also haven't seen PB for a while. Would love to see another release to test and play with. Is this a summer break?

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds