PB's newgui

More
28 Jun 2013 04:43 #11487 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB's newgui
Done. This could penalize some languages that use the Latin characters, but I checked, and most seem to use the English labels for inputs, so I guess it isn't too bad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2013 04:45 - 28 Jun 2013 04:47 #11488 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic PB's newgui

Hexperience wrote:

vlad_vy wrote:

vlad_vy wrote: P.S. Compiled library not works for me, all fonts missing. I used compiled firmware, but lib file I got from Nightly Builds.

I do not know what it is, but this time I was able successfully to flash the compiled library. Now I have the custom skin.

Possible I have to flash lib file twice?

I had to use the nightly as well. I tried flashing it twice but still didn't work. Did you do a devo8 build at any time? I remember some time ago the devo12 build wouldn't work unless you have built the devo8 (or devo8 fs) first.

No, I used clean source code and Devo 12 with original firmware, compile Devo12, flash files, library not works (fonts missing), then I flash library fron Nightly Builds, all OK, then 'make distclean', change media files with custom skin, compile Devo12, flash custom library, all OK.
Last edit: 28 Jun 2013 04:47 by vlad_vy.

More
28 Jun 2013 06:07 - 28 Jun 2013 06:12 #11491 by vlad_vy
PB, can you move text labels at 'Simple' mixer page to the left, as it is at 'Complex' mixer page? Russian label 'Src' doesn't fit.

Aslo, is it possible to draw thin horizontal lines (or thin dashed lines) at graphs,
at levels -100% and +100%?
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jun 2013 06:12 by vlad_vy.

More
28 Jun 2013 09:41 #11492 by vlad_vy
We need new forum - "Custom Layouts" :)

More
28 Jun 2013 09:56 #11493 by Pattaya01
Replied by Pattaya01 on topic PB's newgui
OK, I am completely lost now. First I re-installed the original Devention software to start from scratch. Then I just downloaded the 28June release and followed every step from the installation.

I installed the devo12-lib.dfu from the filesystem.zip with the DFU tool.

Switched off the TX, hold the ENT key and switch on again. USB logo came, and I could open the drive. I did format as expected. When I tried to copy the FS files, it prompted "Not enough space", so I recogn I only need to copy the filesystem.

I did that, and after re-booting a blue screen comes with nothing in it, with the grey toolbar above, and when I touch the screen anywhere, the TX config screen comes, when I touch anwhere again, the bleu screen comes back.

It says Model1 on top, but no models are loaded. I checked in USB mode again, filesystem is there.

So I tried the official 3.0 Deviation release, same story.

??????????????????

What am I doing wrong????

More
28 Jun 2013 10:02 #11494 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic PB's newgui

vlad_vy wrote: We need new forum - "Custom Layouts" :)

There it is...

More
28 Jun 2013 10:12 - 28 Jun 2013 10:16 #11495 by vlad_vy
1. Flash (upgrade) deviation-devo12-v3.0.0-8a4a0b.dfu at Dfuse 'Firmware' tab
2. Flash (upgrade) devo12-lib.dfu at Dfuse 'Library' tab
3. Switch off and switch on Tx with pressed 'ENT' button
4. Format USB drive
5. Copy filesystem files to USB drive (do not copy filesystem folder itself)
6. Switch off and switch on Tx, calibrate touch screen and sticks.
Last edit: 28 Jun 2013 10:16 by vlad_vy.

More
28 Jun 2013 10:14 - 28 Jun 2013 10:15 #11496 by FDR

Pattaya01 wrote: ...
I installed the devo12-lib.dfu from the filesystem.zip with the DFU tool.

I don't have a DEVO 12, so I can speak off only in theory:
1. install the "deviation-devo12-v3.0.0.dfu" firmware with the DfuSe tool;
2. install the "devo12-lib.dfu" library from the filesystem zip file with the DfuSe tool;
3. turn the tx on in USB mode;
4. format the drive (only for the first time of course);
5. copy the contents of the filesystem directory of the filesystem zip file to the drive (but don't overwrite the model directory if it is not the first time, but you are only upgrading. I don't used to overwrite the tx.ini either...);
6. turn on the tx in normal mode;
7. If you freshly copied the tx.ini, or overwritten it, do a screen and stick calibration.

EDIT: Oops, Vlad was faster again... ;)
Last edit: 28 Jun 2013 10:15 by FDR.

More
28 Jun 2013 10:29 #11497 by Pattaya01

vlad_vy wrote: 5. Copy filesystem files to USB drive (do not copy filesystem folder itself)

Thanks. This "Do not copy the filesystem folder itself" was the problem. After copying the content of the filesystem, all is OK. I think this may be a problem other "newbee" users like me also have.

The installation instruction says "Unzip the deviation-fs-devoXX-x.y.z.zip to the TX USB drive". This is the step where it goes wrong.

More
28 Jun 2013 10:31 #11498 by Pattaya01
Thanks Vlad and FDR, you guys are really ultra fast in reply.

More
28 Jun 2013 10:47 #11500 by FDR

Pattaya01 wrote: Thanks. This "Do not copy the filesystem folder itself" was the problem. After copying the content of the filesystem, all is OK. I think this may be a problem other "newbee" users like me also have.

Yep, this has changed when the DEVO 10 support came...
However the emulators need the filesystem\devoXX directory.

More
28 Jun 2013 11:14 #11501 by Pattaya01
OK, nevermind, but maybe someone should have a look at the installation instructions.

Well, it works, and I can use everything. But I have 2 observations:

1) There is a "Bleeberdebeep" every 20 or 30 seconds or so
2) I cannot find where to put my homemade toggle items. Folder "Media" is missing.

More
28 Jun 2013 11:24 #11502 by FDR

Pattaya01 wrote: 2) I cannot find where to put my homemade toggle items. Folder "Media" is missing.

Well, this is the disadvantage of the DEVO 12 hardware.
The media folder can't fit into the flash memory supported by the filesystem, so it is compiled into the library file. All the other DEVOs have a simple directory for that...

More
28 Jun 2013 12:33 - 28 Jun 2013 12:37 #11503 by Pattaya01

FDR wrote: Well, this is the disadvantage of the DEVO 12 hardware.
The media folder can't fit into the flash memory supported by the filesystem, so it is compiled into the library file. All the other DEVOs have a simple directory for that...

I am devastated, shattered, broken........ :angry:

Kidding. Is it possible to at least create a folder where users can put their home made icons? Or is there another solution?
Last edit: 28 Jun 2013 12:37 by Pattaya01.

More
28 Jun 2013 12:40 #11505 by FDR
After installing the development environment, you can compile your own customized library... ;)

There is a virtual machine already prepared:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1200-vm...-compiling-deviation

More
28 Jun 2013 13:01 #11506 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: After installing the development environment, you can compile your own customized library... ;)

Or you can wait a few more <insert time scale here> until my replacement for DFuse is ready. That will allow you to update the devo12 filesystem much like the devo8. Of course I have no idea when I'll get back to working on it.

More
28 Jun 2013 13:06 - 28 Jun 2013 13:09 #11507 by vlad_vy

vlad_vy wrote:

Hexperience wrote:

vlad_vy wrote:

vlad_vy wrote: P.S. Compiled library not works for me, all fonts missing. I used compiled firmware, but lib file I got from Nightly Builds.

I do not know what it is, but this time I was able successfully to flash the compiled library. Now I have the custom skin.

Possible I have to flash lib file twice?

I had to use the nightly as well. I tried flashing it twice but still didn't work. Did you do a devo8 build at any time? I remember some time ago the devo12 build wouldn't work unless you have built the devo8 (or devo8 fs) first.

No, I used clean source code and Devo 12 with original firmware, compile Devo12, flash files, library not works (fonts missing), then I flash library fron Nightly Builds, all OK, then 'make distclean', change media files with custom skin, compile Devo12, flash custom library, all OK.

Once again, compile Devo12, flash firmware and library, library not works (fonts missing).
Then 'make distclean', compile Devo12, flash library only, all OK.
Last edit: 28 Jun 2013 13:09 by vlad_vy.

More
28 Jun 2013 13:27 #11508 by PhracturedBlue
If you can reliably reproduce a set of steps starting from an distclean dir that will result in the lib file being corrupt, post instructions and I'll dig into it. You can probably tell whether or not the fonts are there based on the size of the lib.dfu though I'm not 100% sure, since I don't know what is going on.

More
28 Jun 2013 13:29 #11509 by vlad_vy
lib dfu always has the same size.

More
28 Jun 2013 13:39 - 28 Jun 2013 13:42 #11510 by Pattaya01

PhracturedBlue wrote:

FDR wrote: After installing the development environment, you can compile your own customized library... ;)

Or you can wait a few more <insert time scale here> until my replacement for DFuse is ready. That will allow you to update the devo12 filesystem much like the devo8. Of course I have no idea when I'll get back to working on it.

Or you can wait a few more SECONDS :lol: until my replacement for DFuse is ready. That will allow you to update the devo12 filesystem much like the devo8.

I guess for FDR suggestion I have to be software expert like you guys...

But I am already quite happy the way it is now. Seems to work stable. I've been playing with it for an hour or so and found no problems.
Last edit: 28 Jun 2013 13:42 by Pattaya01.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds