PB's newgui

More
30 Jun 2013 13:15 #11628 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB's newgui
I don't believe that is a new bug, but regardless, it should now be fixed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2013 00:33 #11653 by Pattaya01
Replied by Pattaya01 on topic PB's newgui
I have been looking a bit more into the voltage drop when you touch the screen.

First, I hooked 2 thin wires to the pins of the battery and inserted the battery so I could measure the real voltage.

1) The voltage showing on the screen during the touching is close to reality: 4.13 is real voltage, 4.18 is being shown

2) The voltage showing on the screen without touching: 4.26, real voltage unchanged, 4.13

So as a conclusion, the battery voltage does not change during touching the screen and is being indicated slightly too high during normal operation.

Of course I cannot draw any conclusion where this difference is coming from. I can only report my observation.

More
01 Jul 2013 01:23 #11654 by PhracturedBlue
The problem is that the voltage measurement is not at the battery but via soime circuitry that attaches it to the A/D converter. This circuitry appears to be sensitive to the current draw of the tx at any given time.

There isn't really anything that can be done about it I think.

More
01 Jul 2013 02:04 #11655 by Pattaya01
Agree with you. Just wanted to make sure you are aware of the situation. If it is a SW problem, you have some more information to work with. If it isn't, it is a very minor problem that everyone can live with I guess.

More
01 Jul 2013 02:16 #11656 by PhracturedBlue
We could not read the voltage sensor when the screen is touched if someone really cares that much, but honestly I don't see the need.

More
02 Jul 2013 10:38 - 02 Jul 2013 10:42 #11728 by Pattaya01
I have just installed the latest build, but this also happened in the previous build. Nothing to do with the GUI, but I found this:

1) Goto Model setup
2) Change protocol to DSM2
3) Change protocol back to "WK2401"
4) Change protocol to DSM2 again
4) increase # of Channels

When I keep on repeating the ">" button for the channels the screen suddenly jumps to "Telemetry".

It happens almost every time, but not 100%. If you repeat this procedure a few times, it will certainly happen. This is on the TX, not the emulator.

PS: Normally, on the Devo12S, where to switch on and off the Telemetry? Seems I can only get there with the above "procedure".
Last edit: 02 Jul 2013 10:42 by Pattaya01.

More
02 Jul 2013 10:45 - 02 Jul 2013 11:00 #11729 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic PB's newgui
Not only in that case. If I change model by touching model name on the Main screen, sometimes the screen suddenly jumps to "Telemetry Monitor".

It looks like I pressed Quick Page button.
Last edit: 02 Jul 2013 11:00 by vlad_vy.

More
02 Jul 2013 10:51 #11730 by vlad_vy

Pattaya01 wrote: PS: Normally, on the Devo12S, where to switch on and off the Telemetry? Seems I can only get there with the above "procedure".

It's protocol option. Press DEVO or DSM2 or DSMX protocol and you can enable/disable telemetry.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
02 Jul 2013 11:00 #11731 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic PB's newgui
Maybe it's only a light discalibration of the touch screen? This would lead to the telemetry page if the pen is not exactly on the arrow (or not detected exactly enough).

More
02 Jul 2013 11:23 - 02 Jul 2013 11:23 #11733 by vlad_vy
I think in my case it's possible, right down there is the box with telemetry data.
Last edit: 02 Jul 2013 11:23 by vlad_vy.

More
02 Jul 2013 13:34 #11738 by Freezywilly
Replied by Freezywilly on topic PB's newgui
I must be doing something wrong.
When I try this bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation-newgui
I get a message that I cannot access this account.

More
02 Jul 2013 13:37 #11739 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic PB's newgui
PB already merged back the newgui into the main (deviation) repository, and probably closed or deleted it...

More
02 Jul 2013 15:24 #11757 by Pattaya01

rbe2012 wrote: Maybe it's only a light discalibration of the touch screen? This would lead to the telemetry page if the pen is not exactly on the arrow (or not detected exactly enough).

Impossible. I tried this many times, and I am clearly on the arrow. On top of that, the channel arrow is not even next to the protocol button, it is 1 row lower and on the side.

More
02 Jul 2013 16:11 - 02 Jul 2013 16:12 #11760 by vlad_vy
Definitely there is some problem (sometimes) with Devo 12 touch screen. I purposely many times touch the screen to the right and to the down from '#Channels' spin box (close to control corner). One time protocol changed from DEVO to WK2801, and one time I got 'Telemetry' screen. But I don't touch any control at all, and it was quite far from 'Protocol' control.
Last edit: 02 Jul 2013 16:12 by vlad_vy.

More
03 Jul 2013 02:08 #11797 by Pattaya01
I do not think it is a hardware problem with the touchscreen. If that was so, it would happen all the time and would be very reproducible. I think more of some kind of bouncing problem.

Back in the old days, when I was an electronic hardware engineer (ages ago), we had more or less the same phenomena with an array of switches. When a switch was pressed, you had to wait an x amount of milliseconds for the switch to de-bounce. This was usually done by reading the position, go into a loop, read again and if the value remains stable for an x amount of readings, leave the loop and pass the value to the software.

Of course I can be wrong, but it very much looks the same.

More
06 Jul 2013 02:02 #11994 by Pattaya01
I do not know if I am the only one. I have been playing with the Devo12S for a few days now and this problem with the touch screen is getting bigger. I have re-installed the original Devention software, and do not experience any of these problems at all.

So it seems to me, this is a software problem.

Can someone confirm or let me know how to solve this problem?

It happens in almost every screen. My last action was setting a complex mixer with 5 screens and it just jumps to random screens.

More
06 Jul 2013 02:25 #11996 by ave1
Replied by ave1 on topic PB's newgui
Pattaya01, your 12S is acting like mine, (I think). I have not studied when but some times the button I press activates another button and sometimes the page flips to other pages. So busy setting up the TX, I've ignored this anomaly, until you mentioned it and I thought I'd chime in. Once I recalibrated my screen and, this issue is not consistent as I use my TX, 12S.

More
06 Jul 2013 04:01 #11999 by Pattaya01
First, I also thought it was a calibration problem, but I have now re-calibrated a few times, the issue still there.

More
06 Jul 2013 04:20 #12000 by ave1
Replied by ave1 on topic PB's newgui
If the majority is not witness to this, then I wonder what I'm doing to cause it. Or, is my TX causing this, or a static charge from my touch or ? I installed the nightly from 7-4-2013.

More
06 Jul 2013 04:32 #12001 by Pattaya01
vlad_vy also reported this issue, so it is not us doing something wrong. I also installed the latest build, but also the previous build had this problem. I installed back the original Devention SW and the problem was gone. I re-installed the latest build, problem was back again. So it cannot be a hardware or static charge, otherwise the original SW should also show this phenomena.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds