Ultimate 7e-256k builds

More
25 May 2016 21:12 - 25 May 2016 21:14 #49224 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
i have updated the first post with details of the latest builds, there are 2 builds this time, the first is the usual stock nightly code and the second is the nightly code with the addition of silpstreams extra switches and pots code. if there is any interest i can also upload a nightly build of the 7e-256 emulator including siplstreams code to enable creating models with the extra switches on the pc? just let me know if there's any need for it and i'll sort it out

anyway enjoy your rc adventures guys
Last edit: 25 May 2016 21:14 by HappyHarry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2016 00:32 #49237 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
My 2 7E is heading to MCU upgrade, I found one guy have over 10 years SMD component soldering experience,
he told me that is easy for him, it will back on next week, hope I can finish all upgrade procedure successfully.

Another stupid question, after 256k upgeade, I can still install 128k build without problem, is it correct?

More
26 May 2016 00:55 #49243 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds

dc59 wrote: My 2 7E is heading to MCU upgrade, I found one guy have over 10 years SMD component soldering experience,
he told me that is easy for him, it will back on next week, hope I can finish all upgrade procedure successfully.

Another stupid question, after 256k upgeade, I can still install 128k build without problem, is it correct?

sure if you want to. Note that you do need to install a bootloader before you'll be able to do anything with it since the new chip won't include one. That will require you to have an STLink or equivalent for programming.

More
26 May 2016 03:34 #49253 by dc59

PhracturedBlue wrote: sure if you want to. Note that you do need to install a bootloader before you'll be able to do anything with it since the new chip won't include one. That will require you to have an STLink or equivalent for programming.

Thanks PB, I have studied silpstream's tutorial for many times, I think I can do it, STLink is ready . :lol:

More
31 May 2016 14:58 #49653 by HappyHarry
i have updated the first post, there is no longer any need for me to post 2 seperate builds anymore as silpstreams switchmod code has been merged into the main branch so all nightlies going forward will include the switchmods code.

enjoy :)

More
01 Jun 2016 02:08 #49694 by dc59
Good news!
How about Ultimate 7e-256k builds ? will it be soon a part of NB? :woohoo:

More
03 Jun 2016 09:04 #49861 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
Hi guys the main reason for me to build the Ultimate 7e, is that there is room to grow and keep up with new software features.

Wil the ultimate builds offer full option and will the new options added for 7e Ultimate (but not for stock 7e)?
So is now included the extended telemetry hub options, voice etc ?

what are currently the differences between ultimate and stock 7e in the builds?

More
03 Jun 2016 13:22 #49873 by HappyHarry
recently the 7e was at it's code limit, this was helped a little by PB's recent code shuffle for the menu handling, but it won't be long till it's full again and from then on it will be reduced to a secondary model, as such it will receive no new features only bugfixes. the 7e-256 branch should receive all new features as it has plenty of room for new code.

no models have voice yet, it is still in the design/testing phase, though when it goes live then yes i presume the 7e-256 will receive it.

atm the only differences are that we have the front page editor, the permanent timer, the extended telemetry, and silpstreams extra switches and pots code, but as i said above this will change going forward

More
03 Jun 2016 16:59 #49882 by silpstream
Replied by silpstream on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
Two other things different are data logging and language support. Quick summary in the test build area here .

More
03 Jun 2016 20:38 #49896 by Toxuin
Replied by Toxuin on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
How strong is the demand on swapping the CPUs?.. I am pretty confident in SMT soldering and possibly could do a "mail-me-your-motherboard-for-upgrade" type of thing. I'm in Canada, by the way.

More
04 Jun 2016 15:18 #49922 by HappyHarry
Toxuin i think as word gets out obout the ultimate7e the demand may get higher, i'd also post your offer on daryoon's 7e thread on rcgroups

I have updated the first post with details of the latest nightly

enjoy your rc adventures :)

More
06 Jun 2016 19:39 - 06 Jun 2016 19:40 #50057 by Fernandez
I discovered something strange on the latest build devo7e-256-v5.0.0.0-ed27f5f
I am using the original ini files for 2x2 2x3 switches and mocel config. Which worked before upgrade.
Both of my 3 way switches do not operate (in whatever position) when the right 2x2 switch is off, when right switch is set to on both 3 way switches work fine in any position.
Last edit: 06 Jun 2016 19:40 by Fernandez.

More
06 Jun 2016 20:08 #50059 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
I experienced very similar behavior with the switches when I had a wire pinched in the case...

I'd check that first.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
06 Jun 2016 20:20 #50060 by Fernandez
Hmmmm all 3 way switches operate in any position, I can see them move in channel monitor. So 3way wires must be ok, isn't it?

But 3 way only be able to change, with my most right 2way switch be switched on. So if I move the right 2 way switch there is a difference in behavior and also I see it move in the channel monitor. So wires for the 2 way must also be ok, isn't it?

More
06 Jun 2016 22:04 #50063 by HappyHarry
i'm just back from flying some small quads with my new ult7e with the 4 3ways, 2 2ways and 2 pots and i've got no problems at all, on my xxxware h101 i use my 2way SW F to toggle between rate and stability mode, my 3way SW D to toggle throttle curves, 3 way SW C to toggle the triple rates and expo and 2way SW E for throttle hold, and everything works as expected, granted I'm only using build 720b78f just now but the switch code hasn't changed any between that build and ed27f5f, but I'll update my tx and test the newer build tomorrow and get back to you bud

More
06 Jun 2016 22:05 #50064 by Cereal_Killer

Fernandez wrote: But 3 way only be able to change, with my most right 2way switch be switched on.

This is the EXACT SAME behavior I experienced, it's not at all hard to open the case and check. If for nothing other than piece of mind...

I found my problem when I opened the case and tried the switches and they worked, mine wasn't actually a pinched wire; it was the switch shorting to the pot (installed on the back of the case)

More
07 Jun 2016 07:04 #50077 by Fernandez
Will check that by tonight, certainly it could be a wire is pinched/snatched as I have bended wires, to make room for the extra switches/pots.

More
07 Jun 2016 14:58 #50093 by silpstream
Replied by silpstream on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
@Fernandez, did you figure it out? I took a look at the last few nightly commits and couldn't find anything that would cause your problem. If you've confirmed there's no hardware issue, could you install each previous version upto the build in [silpstream]. Let me know which was the last working build. That could narrow down my search. Thanks!

More
07 Jun 2016 15:08 #50095 by Cereal_Killer
Another guy (who I did the PROC swap for and sent it back to him) just PM'd me he was having switch problems, turned out to be questionable (read; the cheapest Chinese option you can buy) diodes, he swapped them out for good ones and boom, all's well again!

More
07 Jun 2016 15:17 #50097 by HappyHarry
this has been a recurring problem since the switch mods first came about a few years back, as well as people using faulty leaky diodes, diodes that didn't have a quick enough switching speed etc etc

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds