The New Hubsans

More
04 Apr 2017 10:20 #61152 by paul4
Replied by paul4 on topic The New Hubsans
hi, my hubsan x4 h107c+ is not staring onn...trying to give a mod like connection from battery powered 2 wire to the 3 pin pcb of x4....only the motor spins...no led flashes ? what can be the issue here ?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2017 14:55 - 04 Apr 2017 14:56 #61157 by Nowayray
Replied by Nowayray on topic The New Hubsans
@ ajtank

ajtank wrote: It happened that the gear shaft had not been flushed to the bottom which in turn limited the travel of the shaft. Once fixed the props can then spin normally. So even the appearance of the Hubsan looks exceptionally nice compared to other brands, the quality control in the factory is of no substantial difference :(

I had the same thing when my H502s arrived, Unfortunatly it was free'ish just binding, It lasted 7-8 flights before i guess the motor failed and it dropped from 100meters upsidedown onto concrete.. £40 later (new motors, motor housings and bearings) and she is flying again..

EDIT: and motor shafts.

FYI

also have had to sort out the short focus range by removing the glue on the lens adjuster and re-focusing..

and while i was at it i upgraded the Ariels on the standard TX, and it did make quite a difference..

and while i was at it I moved the FPV Ariel so it hangs out of the bottom of the quad straight down... one problem i found was at 800 meters away FPV starts getting a little broken so i turned it towards me to bring it home and and lost FPV totally.. found the Ariel was behind a motor when the quad faces you at longish distance.

Just incase you find these. thought i would mention.

A couple of quick Q's for you...

Have you tryed the H502s on the H301 protocol, if so did you get the same result as me?

Cheers for any info
Ray

@ paul4

Must ask, have you attempted to rewire the Quads battery?
If so for what battery, and what was the original battery?
A quick answer could be you have blown the FC (obvious complete guess)
But i will say i think this thread is for hubsan protocol development.
and so you may not be in the right place, and may not be asking the best people on your problem.

Cheers and good luck
Ray
Last edit: 04 Apr 2017 14:56 by Nowayray.

More
04 Apr 2017 18:02 #61162 by paul4
Replied by paul4 on topic The New Hubsans
@ray- thanks ..some issue with original battery..as a alternative tried other battery...with same technical specification...3.7v ..
sorry for the post is in the wrong category...which can be the best category here...if possible...thanks again!

More
05 Apr 2017 05:05 - 05 Apr 2017 05:08 #61197 by ajtank
Replied by ajtank on topic The New Hubsans
@ Nowayray

If you didn't mention it took long time to bind I wouldn't have noticed that option H301 could bind to H502s. It took minutes to bind whilst other protocols usually settle within seconds.
However only FPV frequency selection and Vbat telemetry work, I am not able to arm the quad. The LED's are always off after compass calibration regardless of the ch5 setting. It seems my quad behaves differently from yours.
Last edit: 05 Apr 2017 05:08 by ajtank.

More
05 Apr 2017 09:10 - 05 Apr 2017 10:31 #61200 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic The New Hubsans
I suppose you've to wait that the FC goes into bind mode, but that should take ~10 seconds, not minutes.
That's weird that you do not have the same result than Nowayray

I still have not worked on your captures, the sun is back here so I spend more time flying than hacking those days ;)

It happens that I found a H502 FC (not S) in my mess, I got it a long time ago to try to port cleanflight/betaflight to it (should be possible, STM32F103T8+MPU6050, same as Naze32 ...) but I never took the time to do it actually. I'm not sure I can use it to test deviation protocol because I only have the main FC, without the GPS+Mag daughter board, I'm not sure the firmware can start if it's not detected, looks like the Tx can bind (with H301 protocol), but the LED I connected keeps flashing.

Last edit: 05 Apr 2017 10:31 by goebish.

More
05 Apr 2017 15:50 - 05 Apr 2017 17:46 #61203 by Nowayray
@ paul4

you stated:
"trying to give a mod like connection from battery powered 2 wire to the 3 pin pcb of x4"
This sounds similar to what this chap has looked into here:
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2...enna-TX-Battery-Mods
I'm guessing that the original battery only has two wires as its a 1S battery? where do the 3 pins you have connected it to come from?
Looking at the picture the battery is only connected to V+ and GND.

Anybody else please speak if i am incorrect (I am also new here)
the RC site may be better for you to ask your question on, as its about all aspects of RC.. where as deviationtx is (AFAIK) about programming new firmware onto devo TX units and the protocols used with.

Or i guess make a new topic here: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussions and i will try to help if i can, or maybe someone else may know the answer already..

Sorry i cant be more help, just trying to work out what you have attempted..(picture of the mod with the new topic would be a help)

@ ajtank

Yep does take a long time. if i recall, the quad seems to fail? and flash the two front blue LEDs i then press ok on the binding message on my Devo... and magicly it binds anyway! I will test this more thoroughly when i have a play later ..
Mine armed fine after compass call 1&2 compete just like the standard TX? also i do have leds working sometimes but not always it seems, i will try to find if there is a pattern.

Anyways thanks for you answer, is nice to fly it FPV with an audible batt alarm (even though mine seems a little sketchy, and i am a crap pilot on top)

@ goebish

Thanks for you work on the Eachine E010 protocol,
Its original crappy controller is the reason i went and got a Devo unit in the first place!

My H502S Desire does "bind n fly", has V1 telemetry, and video which is wonderful considering!
Anything I can do to help just ask.

Edit:
Tryed a quick re-flight and think i may need to re-calibrate my quads giros (may sort my problems lol)!

Tryed manual mode and i was right, throttle works full range, which is annoying with the sprung throttle.

Had the same a ajtank had telemetry but could not arm. off and on again and armed ok, stupid but i think may have been messing around with the led (Ch5) switch when it would not arm? the whole bind process can a little vague, as i think is has bound but the devo does not realise?? is this possible. I say this as i am usually cancelling bind after the quads front blues start flashing. and then finding it is bound eg telemetry is on..ect

I do not have a 64 bit system to run the logic software you use. sad, and i may have to try to change that soon (Cheap and Crap, Old me)

Version Numbers are:
V4.2.119
LCD V1.3.3
H502S V2.1.34

Thanks All
Last edit: 05 Apr 2017 17:46 by Nowayray. Reason: version info

More
06 Apr 2017 05:08 - 06 Apr 2017 09:33 #61207 by ajtank
@ goebish
You have already deviated quite many protocols recently. Please enjoy your time flying :)
The quad needs compass calibration everyone time you turn the power on. Once calibrated the LED's will become steady. However mine will have all the lights off after calibration with the H301 option. No problem with stock transmitter.

@ nowayray
During the binding, I just leave it until Devo beeps. I don't know whether this means Devo has quitted the binding or it has successfully bound to the quad. It took minutes until I heard the beep sound. The LED's were then flasing sequentially which indicated compass calibration was required. After completing the calibration the LED's went off completely.
Last edit: 06 Apr 2017 09:33 by ajtank.

More
06 Apr 2017 09:17 - 06 Apr 2017 11:45 #61209 by goebish
If the Devo leave the bind stage, that means it's bound successfully (2 way bind stage with handshake).
Last edit: 06 Apr 2017 11:45 by goebish.

More
06 Apr 2017 10:12 #61210 by Nowayray
@ goebish

ajtank wrote: @ goebish
You have already deviated quite many protocols recently. Please enjoy your time flying :)

I Agree!

@ajtank

Did you manage to arm your quad?
Are your version numbers the same? (in TX menu)

It is strange with the LED's, yesterday i could not get them on at all after CALL. very strange as thats how i knew the video was recording but pictures were not at the start ?

I am now letting the devo finish binding. cheers, very new at all this...

Yes Telemetry and all the modes ect would be nice to have in the future, but mine does fly and with battery telem!, what more could i ask for! and hey, hopefully when/if goebish (or anyone else?) gets the time away from more pressing matters, like life an all, he will have some information to start with. (if this actually helps)

I was just wondering what channels had been set up in the 301's protocol (or is this a stupid question)? no point taking time to test something thats not implemented.. if you know what i mean.

Anyways good luck arming, unless the versions are different i dont see why i can fly and you cant ?? very strange..

Note: be aware that the RTH fail safe works fine, i have two new cuts on my thumb to prove it.. and yes my quad took off without my control! when i turned off the remote accidentally! something to be aware off when your not sure on the GPS situation.
Remember

More
06 Apr 2017 10:22 - 06 Apr 2017 10:26 #61211 by goebish
The H301 protocol has 4 extra channels, but I'm not sure they work the same on H502s:

Ch5: Leds on/off
Ch6: Manual (acro) / Stabilized mode
Ch8: Video recording on/off
Ch10: Return to Home (make sure the quad has locked his home position before use !)

If it binds it shouldn't be long to add a new format and missing features, but I find strange that ajtank does not get the same behavior than you. Could you share your .ini ?
Last edit: 06 Apr 2017 10:26 by goebish.

More
06 Apr 2017 11:40 #61214 by Nowayray
Ah ok, good to know for definite about the channels.

and Certainly! model ini attached. (is what you wanted?)
Attachments:

More
06 Apr 2017 11:43 #61215 by goebish
Not for me, but for ajtank to try ;)

More
06 Apr 2017 12:15 #61216 by Nowayray
Of course! you cant fly your FC! :whistle: Doh

More
08 Apr 2017 04:11 #61259 by ajtank
@ nowayray
My FW version:
V4.2.19 (yours is 4.2.119)
LCD V1.3.3 (same as yours)
H502S V2.1.35 (yours is 2.1.34)

Your ini file, for Devo 7e, has no unexpected difference from mine. Perhaps it is FW version causing the discrepancy in operation.

More
08 Apr 2017 16:13 - 08 Apr 2017 16:34 #61263 by Nowayray
@ajtank

Any luck on the arming?
The version numbers for the quad and tx are in the TX menu once the quad is bound, are they the same?
Version Numbers are:
V4.2.119
LCD V1.3.3
H502S V2.1.34

Edit:
Ok missed that
Right that would explain things..

3 things:
1) have you tryed leaving it for 5 minutes to make sure it has GPS lock. fail-safe? maybe...
2) Is your arming procedure both sticks down and out?

ajtank wrote: @Goebish
Here are the captures for H502S. Please take a look, thanks.

Is there any chance you can export this as txt/csv, so this can be put through goebish's wonderful python script.

goebish wrote: You mean those "decoded" packet files ?
I use this python script:
gist.github.com/goebish/e6a486a87fba5a233c56
(you may want to add an if before line 88 to filter the output ...)

It takes Salae's logic SPI protocol analyser as input:
]

I cannot run the logic software and cannot read or do anything with your logic-dumps
But would like try to help to find and possibly code the differences in the channel flags.
to do so i would like to get the data to this format:

delta75 wrote: i tried to analyze

13847 W_REGISTER(05_FIFO_DATA) 20 00 7F 00 82 00 81 00 82 06 1A 00 00 01 00 BB
14357 W_REGISTER(05_FIFO_DATA) 20 00 7F 00 82 00 81 00 82 02 1A 00 00 01 00 BF

Thanks if you can!
Last edit: 08 Apr 2017 16:34 by Nowayray. Reason: missed an reply

More
08 Apr 2017 16:17 - 08 Apr 2017 16:38 #61265 by Nowayray
@ goebish

I am currently going through your code (NICE)
bitbucket.org/goebish/deviationtx/src/6f...t#hubsan_a7105.c-327
bitbucket.org/goebish/deviationtx/branch/protocol_h501s#diff

Question 1: where is the H301 code? or does this have something to do with the plus series, or in a different update?

Question 2: i guess you have noticed that hubsan seem to be using byte 9 and 13 of the data packet as an Binary switch bank

concentrating on byte 9 an example would be

0x26 = 0010 0110 H501 Headless Off
0x66 = 0110 0110 H501 Headless On
>>>>>^
See the corresponding switch for headless. this would mean there could be a combination of up-to 8 mode switches or possible quad modes/functions available in this byte.

Bit 1 = 0000 0001 = H107 & H501 Video Switch
Bit 2 = 0000 0010 = Always On (hmm what is it?)
Bit 3 = 0000 0100 = H107 & H501 Led Switch
Bit 4 = 0000 1000 = H107 Flips H501 Headless
Bit 5 = 0001 0000 = Always Off (hmm what is it?)
Bit 6 = 0010 0000 = H501 RTH
Bit 7 = 0100 0000 = H501 Headless
Bit 8 = 1000 0000 = H501 GPS Hold

And byte 13 "seems" like it could be the same. So

Question 3 looking at your code I think it would be possible to slightly modify it to store the channel 5 value into Byte 9 and Channel 6 value into Byte 13
EG assign the value of 0x02 (lowest standard value seen so far) to ch5. and assign that 0x02 to Byte 9
In doing this you would have unlimited control of the Quad's settings.... :woohoo:

people would only have to setup the channel/virtual mixers to give the correct binary value on a switch for the mode configuration they want. I myself would be attempting every mode one by one !!

Do you think this sounds possible???

If so i may attempt this myself but its gonna take a while as...
I cannot compile yet, Dockers, compiling enviroments, understanding what im doing,
I do not fully understand the code yet (I am not a(looks like?) C++ programmer).
i do not run any windows machines (is needed for the TX uploader for testing??)
and as i hope you can tell i am a NOOOOOB! :huh:

I hope I make sense.

Also regarding my previous reply,, i was not 100% sure you wanted the "model.ini".. LOL

I'm slow but i get there in the end!

And any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edit: 08 Apr 2017 16:38 by Nowayray. Reason: not correct

More
08 Apr 2017 17:11 #61267 by goebish
1. the latest source code is always available here:
github.com/DeviationTX/deviation/blob/ma...tocol/hubsan_a7105.c
I should cleanup / reorganize this file, it's not easy to follow as it is ...

2. would be better to use a protocol option than a channel, but yes, that's possible, though not very convenient, I'd better have a look at ajtank's dumps.

I suppose this is possible to flash with linux/mac, but I'm not sure, maybe someone else knows.

More
08 Apr 2017 19:21 #61274 by Nowayray
Thanks for the quick reply and the link! very helpful

I am managing to understand it fine, I am just a little slow and new is all,
I am not trying purposely trying to stop you from other work, but your answers are well appreciated!

messing with the Protocol option code is well over my head for now, but does the deviation have Checkboxs?

I am looking into a few options I have with the software,
Unfortunately one of my biggest issues, seems is not yet having a 64Biit machine!

goebish wrote: Ok thanks.
I took the plunge and I'm trying to figure out how it works.
Help is welcome :)

I Like it!

If there is anything I can do to help please ask
Is there anything I can do ?

More
09 Apr 2017 11:03 - 09 Apr 2017 17:55 #61302 by Nowayray
just incase it helps...

if you dump the files, I would be happy to go through them as delta75 did ;)

Edit:
One problem down thanks to another clever chap! which can be run on Ubuntu

PhracturedBlue wrote: Ok, after a lot more banging my head against the wall, here it is.

Version 0.5 of the DeviationUpload code.
Current capabilities:
* It can upload a dfu to the radio (either Deviation or Walkera's firmware) for the lib, or FW.
* It can download the off-chip ROM to the PC (but not the firmware)
* It will automatically install the dfu properly regardless of type (fw to FLASH, lib to external ROM)
* It will not allow you to install a FW for the wrong radio (i.e. you'll get an error if you try to install a devo10 FW onto a devo8)
** NOTE: It does NOT yet detect whether the library is appropriate for your radio!
* It is very hard to get the 'send to tx' mixed up with the 'receive from tx'
...............cont

using this method
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27124295&postcount=444

So now just got to sort a 64bit machine for Docker...
Last edit: 09 Apr 2017 17:55 by Nowayray.

More
10 Apr 2017 06:23 #61327 by ajtank
@ goebish
@ nowayray

Apologies as I just realized that H301 was not a quad but a plane. I thought its channel allocation was just similar to H501s but I was wrong. I now know more from your posts. I did not test outdoors and so I never succeeded to arm. There is no barometer alttitude hold on H301. I am currently travelling and won't be able to test again, sorry.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds