The New Hubsans

More
10 Apr 2017 13:46 - 10 Apr 2017 13:46 #61339 by Nowayray
Replied by Nowayray on topic The New Hubsans
@ ajtank

LOL so im flying my quad with a plane protocol! wicked! learn something new every day.
no problems on the testing, you have already done the bit i cannot do.
nice to know it does not have a barometer setting, that should reflect in its quads options.

hope your enjoying your travels!

@goebish

Ok i am 64bit ready to start playing with your code, thanks to MWM & PhracturedBlue.
As you have already done all the hard work. i should ok starting with slight modifications while i learn.
so i am going to start to look at adding the 501 telemetry off delta75's dumps first. no risk and i get a visual feedback!

hope your works going well!
Last edit: 10 Apr 2017 13:46 by Nowayray.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2017 00:30 #61386 by Nowayray
One good thing:
It seems the 501S Flags work fine for the 502S aswell, I have not flown yet but all led indications for functions are correct.
and yes I see why the 301 flags have problems with the 502. :lol:

Shame about the telem...
Im sure you know, auto formatting eh!
i guess, unless you break all the other proto's using it, it cant really be changed. i guess a lot of work to go through all the protocols that use the devo_telem to add scaling and formatting. and then change the function to have the options of scaling and formatting...

Oh well, still going to see if i can get "something" going with it.
But on the plus side, i can now fly with all the functions!!

More
14 Apr 2017 14:46 #61459 by Nowayray
@ Goebish

FYI

new ID_PLUS = 956A9E5E
tested bind under the 501 protocol ok with new ID_PLUS, and now have started adding it under its own 502 option.
found two extra flags maybe for ManualMode and FlyWithNoGps. (may work on others?)
This could be why ajtank cannot Arm, none of his captures had GPS Lock and it looks like he has gone into the main TX menu to enable arming with no GPS in his Bind_Arm dump. hopefully this will be the reason for the fw update.. stop flyaways by arming with no gps?? just a guess as it seems "HOME" is set at arm... gps long = 0 gps lat = 0!

I am adding the following into the menu.
Manual_Mode on/off
Fly_With_No_GPS on/off
and was considering doing it with LEDS ON/OFF to free a channel for now...

Anyways thought I would keep you updated, hope you are interested.

Cheers

More
19 Apr 2017 11:24 #61576 by Nowayray
Good afternoon,

Right i have attached the hubsan_a7105.c i have been modifiing.

Added the H502S
Telem added:
Temp1 = Height
Temp2 = not used
Temp3 = Pitch
Temp4 = Roll
Volt1 = BattV
Volt2 = GPS Long
Volt3 = GPS Lat
RPM1 = Heading
RPM2 = Speed

Pitch and roll are shown as 3 digits So 312 = 31.2 degrees
GPS long is shown as 52.0, which is enough to show when it is safe to fly. (RTH lock)

Manual mode and Fly with no GPS added in the menu.

Needs to be checked with the original protocols (H107 & H301) to make sure i have not broke anything.

binding sometimes is a little slow, but there is not much else i can do until my digital analyser turns up.
next will be implementing the full GPS coords in there correct box's. (almost there,,, but have a strange error)

I have pre-built the devo7E as that's what i use. ( any others just ask )
Anyways hope it comes in handy for someone as it did me.
Attachments:

More
19 Apr 2017 11:31 - 19 Apr 2017 11:31 #61577 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic The New Hubsans
Good job, I'll review your code once you're done with GPS coords, move manual/stable modes to a channel so it can be set with a switch then merge it into master branch for nightly builds :)
Last edit: 19 Apr 2017 11:31 by goebish.

More
19 Apr 2017 13:25 #61584 by goebish
Regarding long bind time, this format shouldn't use autobind (same as H501).

More
19 Apr 2017 17:57 #61591 by Nowayray
Hi goebish

I must be honest....

1) I have only "hacked/added" extras into your code! and most likely not that well.
2) I do not understand yet what is going on with the A7105.
3) I am now learning C and do not yet understand a lot the syntax ect
4) I do not yet understand the way deviation has been written or the limitations of and strange formatting,
....but i am getting there (i hope)

With that in mind please do not expect too much!!! :whistle:
i am worried at the moment it may take you longer to correct my edits.

regarding the 501 auto bind comment, I am afraid you have lost me on that. Until i get my analyser i was not going to go too much into the bind procedure.

Its easy to move manual back to the channel. I have only commented out the channel flag, and not deleted it.

It is fun learning something new!

Once i get the data i need i will look into this further.

Comments are always appreciated
Thanks for your reply,

More
16 May 2017 11:43 #62349 by andrej
Replied by andrej on topic The New Hubsans
Just dropping a small word of caution here: Hubsan H501S will only work with a relatively old firmware (1.1.17, 1.1.21) whereas later versions may make it unusable or even dangerous when controlled from Deviation.

I flashed my H501S to the current latest versions, 1.1.36 for the FC, 1.2.20 for the RX and 4.2.24 for the TX, which causes 2 critical problems. The first one makes the drone almost unusable for me and the second one is outright dangerous .

I’m now asking Hubsan how to downgrade, because they don’t seem to provide older firmware versions for download anywhere.

This is of course not Deviation’s fault — it’s simply an incompatible change to Hubsan’s proprietary protocol. To restore the old behavior, Deviation would need to transmit a "Fly without GPS" bit/channel of some sort. More importantly, it’s necessary to prevent random disarming in low throttle. Maybe setting the throttle to never drop below e.g. -90 while armed might do the trick, but I’m not sure if that’s what the Hubsan protocol currently does.

Any ideas are welcome; I’d be more than happy to test. But at this point a firmware downgrade looks like the only way to make it work again.

More
16 May 2017 12:07 - 16 May 2017 12:07 #62353 by goebish
That sucks :( I suppose I'd need an H501S + an actual Hubsan Tx to actually understand what's happening ...
Last edit: 16 May 2017 12:07 by goebish.

More
16 May 2017 13:52 #62359 by andrej
Replied by andrej on topic The New Hubsans

goebish wrote: That sucks :( I suppose I'd need an H501S + an actual Hubsan Tx to actually understand what's happening ...

How can I help? I currently live in Zürich, so I'm not sure if I could somehow ship the quad + TX to you and back. Could I perhaps do some analysis on my own? What equipment do I need? I'm an informatician / computer scientist / hacker by education + occupation, but I have no experience with microcontrollers, wireless protocol analysis or low-level hardware stuff in general. :-(

Sadly, Hubsan doesn't seem to be helpful. When asked about protocol changes, they emphasize how much safer their changes make the drone. But it's definitely not safer for a Devo 10 user (unexpected disarming, inability to fly indoors etc.). I carefully explained why I wanted to use the Devo 10 -- it talks to 20+ of my other drones, I'm used to it etc. But thus far I haven't even got the chance to talk to someone from their software team directly.

If I can help, I'd be more than happy to give it a try. Otherwise I'll have to downgrade to 1.1.21, which is nowhere to be found (officially) at the moment. This is an awesome drone with a really nice airframe, but the proprietary software is just killing it. I always have an annoying experience when I update it, because I don't run Windows or other spyware at home. So I have to download a VirtualBox Windows VM, set up USB device passthrough and flash everything from the VM. :-/ Oh, what a joy.

H501S would be much easier to maintain with LibrePilot or {Clean,Beta}Flight. Plus I'd get acro mode. :-) But I have absolutely no idea what controller it is and whether it would be compatible.

More
04 Jun 2017 11:04 - 04 Jun 2017 11:06 #62817 by Kidon
Replied by Kidon on topic The New Hubsans
@Goebish,
16 May 2017 12:07 - 16 May 2017 12:07 #62353
goebish replied the topic: The New Hubsans

As fan of your work I might be able to donate a 'broken' H501SS pro controller within a couple of weeks. After receiving a good working new TX from China. I received this broken model 2 months ago but the screen of the TX showed annoying white lines. Tried to replace the screen but no luck. In the end the replacement screen I ordered was different. So, the screen is not working at all. AFAIK besides the screen the TX is still working okay.
Last edit: 04 Jun 2017 11:06 by Kidon.

More
04 Jun 2017 11:06 #62818 by goebish
Yup, maybe that could help, I can't promise when I'll have the time to tackle that tho ;)

More
04 Jun 2017 11:16 - 04 Jun 2017 11:20 #62819 by Kidon
I'll let you know in this forum as soon as I receive my new TX. I'll send the broken one to you free of cost. My order has been shipped by China Mail on 22-05-2017. I fully understand it is your time so I don't have any expectations. I only like to help the person who contributes so much to this community. Have a nice day.
Last edit: 04 Jun 2017 11:20 by Kidon.

More
24 Jun 2017 14:51 #63107 by Kidon
Hi Goebish, just collected my parcel with new TX. Unfortunately the weather In The Netherlands is too windy to make a test flight. Anyway, I am almost ready to ship my broken TX to you. Please contact me with your address details. Regards, Peter

More
24 Jun 2017 14:56 #63108 by goebish
I'll get back home in 1 week, I'll give you my address then.

More
24 Jun 2017 15:02 - 25 Jun 2017 08:20 #63109 by Kidon
Okay that is fine to me. I am pretty confident to make a test flight with the new TX this week as I have a one week holiday.:cheer:
Btw, I am not sure what kind of magic you do with a TX, but if you prefer I can send you a Hubsan H501C TX instead of the 'broken' H501SS Pro TX. I lost the H501C drone in a lake so the TX is eating dust.
Last edit: 25 Jun 2017 08:20 by Kidon.

More
20 Dec 2017 22:47 #66552 by MikeNH
Replied by MikeNH on topic The New Hubsans
Wow... I've been reading through these 16 pages with great interest. Suddenly it ended with no definitive result.

Several of you have been doing incredible work in enabling 501s/502s/301 in the Hubsan protocol but left us hanging with no update for many months.

Is there an update on the status of the Hubsan protocol?

Thank you

More
11 Sep 2018 11:47 #70792 by doittom
Replied by doittom on topic The New Hubsans
Is there any progress for hubsan protocol?
I have a h502s and jumper T8sg plus.
I have tried to bind these two with hubsan4 protocol, but failed.
If any progress, please let me what protocol, how to bind, what the channel map is?
Tks vm.

More
11 Sep 2018 12:49 - 11 Sep 2018 12:50 #70795 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic The New Hubsans
Try to use protocol option "Format" = "H107", "H301", "H501". Press ENT on protocol name.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2018 12:50 by vlad_vy.

More
12 Sep 2018 05:32 #70826 by doittom
Replied by doittom on topic The New Hubsans

vlad_vy wrote: Try to use protocol option "Format" = "H107", "H301", "H501". Press ENT on protocol name.

Thank vm for your early attention.
Jumper T8sg plus is first radio transmitter to me, so i have no idea about protocol.
could you explain which file and how to use protocol in more details?

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds