Ultimate 7e-256k builds

More
22 Oct 2016 22:11 #55286 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
Hmmmm didn't do that indeed, not even testing switch alerts yet, I put the original mp3 files from MWM on the root of dfplayer, I expected that when powering on the Tx it should directly play the message "Welcome to deviation Tx" .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2016 22:45 - 22 Oct 2016 22:46 #55287 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
i'm not sure how much phantom changed mwm's original code, as due to mwm's operation he had to step away from programming for a while and that's when phantom took up the job, apart from the readme i linked if you have a read through the original voice mod thread and specifically look for the changes after phantom started working on it you'll have a better idea of how it works bud, like i said i'll know more myself once i finish up installing the module and can work on it here
Last edit: 22 Oct 2016 22:46 by HappyHarry.

More
23 Oct 2016 07:42 #55300 by Fernandez
Will have a better read then, it is not so clear yet, you have implemented the Phantom mod into U7E firmware (allowing switch detection) and not the original MWM implementation as in his test build.

Anyway no rush here, to connect up this DFplayer and plug it to the ppm output is really 5 minutes job very easy. It would be great for to the U7E, to have voice !! Especially give some warnings in voice RSSI LOW, LIPO LOW etc.
I am ready to test.

More
23 Oct 2016 09:42 - 23 Oct 2016 09:43 #55303 by Fernandez
Still doing a bit of reading, not clear were Voice is outputted U7E, PPM pin or PC12?

Just post from the Voice thread;

I was looking at the pin assignments of the various TXs. PC10/11 is UART4 TX/RX. These are currently used by switches on the transmitters. Assuming that the are other available pins, couldn't those switches be relocated, thus freeing up UART4 for the voice mod with dfplayer?
On the u7e, I'll stick to the MCU pin solution that phantom8 has provided as PC10/11 is now part of the switch matrix, but for the other devos, relocating switches could be easier than looking for i2c/spi or even bit banging solutions. Just my 2 cents.

thinking about this;
In hardware.ini we do define were are the CSN pins for each RF module, why we not define also the other IO pin nr's such as Switches, POTS, voice Buzzer etc in the harware.ini?
Last edit: 23 Oct 2016 09:43 by Fernandez.

More
27 Oct 2016 17:50 - 27 Oct 2016 17:55 #55451 by HappyHarry
from a quick look at the code the u7e build is set to use the mcu pin 53/pc12, I can rebuild to use the trainer port instead if you want?
Last edit: 27 Oct 2016 17:55 by HappyHarry.

More
27 Oct 2016 18:22 #55454 by Fernandez
Aha at least that likely explains, as I am on ppm pin, ideally we have pins declared in hardware.ini I not realy understand why we only declare pins for the Tx modules and not the full list of CPU pins?

For me first wanted to test and play around with it, see if it works, provide some feedback, if works later will solder up to cpu pin 53/pc12 and drill holes for speaker etc.

For me the main goal will be test telemetry voice, as "Out of Range", "Lipo Low".

I think that, we should declare somewhere, the whole list of sounds, same names as stored on DFplayer module.
Then in each model file, we should be able to declare which sound to be played for what event (just scroll true the list, select the sound)

More
27 Oct 2016 20:11 #55457 by HappyHarry
ok i have just uploaded some new builds, the changes include the ahfds2a protocol and changes to the dsm2 and dsmx protocols, the link to the download page is in the first post.

this time i have uploaded 3 different builds, tonights nightly, tonights nightly + ext audio, and tonights nightly + ext audio but with the audio output set to the ppm/trainer port. more details are in the download page

as always enjoy :)

More
28 Oct 2016 09:05 #55471 by Fernandez
Hi Harry, super much appreciated all your works!!
I will try your latest U7E nightly: afhds2a dsm(x) + ext audio over the PPM port.

Does it also include the latest FrskyX updates (there also was huge progress and recently stable version reported and drone not anymore fall out of the sky...)

I am still very pleased with my U7E, it is only tx used for me at the moment :) nitro planes, deltas, epp wings, drones/quads

More
28 Oct 2016 15:29 #55477 by HappyHarry
no problem bud :) (tbh it's a little thing i do but it's my way of giving back to the deviationtx community, i wish my coding was at a level where i could contribute there instead but atm it's not)

let me know if this build works out for you, as i've not had the time to solder up the module and hook it into my u7e yet so i currently can't test this. yes there have been many additions to the frsky/frskyx protocols recently, i thought they were included already in the previous build but i compiled the build on the 14th and the fixes were merged on the 15th. also the quickest way to work out what has been added to the nightlies recently is to have a look at the commits on the main repo >> github.com/DeviationTX/deviation/commits/master my builds are always based on the main repo and i will mention if i include other fixes/features on top.

my u7e is also my main tx now, ever since i finished the processor update, 4in1, pots and extra switches i've never once picked up my JR dsm9x or the frsky module i also used when not using the spektrum module to go flying/driving. in fact i'm almost at the point of selling them on ebay

More
31 Oct 2016 19:35 #55571 by Fernandez
I am now on the 27th oktober u7e, voice over ppm and directly "Welcome To Deviation" is being played at start and "Goodbye" at shut down of Tx.

But I have no idea how to get the alerts played of switches and or telemetry, I added "model10alert.txt" also tried with ini extention insided the models folder.

File looks as followed:
FMODE0: Switch to primary FPV Camera
FMODE1: Switch to secondary Gimbal Camera
HOLD0: Low Rate Selected
HOLD1: High Rate Selected
SW B0: Acro Mode
SW B1: Stabilize Mode
SW B2: Sport Mode
SW A0: GPS Hold Activated
SW A1: GPS Assist Deactivated
SW A2: GPS Return To Home Activated

But no sounds being played at switches.

I am wondering how it works, how does tx know at start to play voice message 0000? "welcome to deviation?

I assume somewere must be defined all audio files on the dfplayer, nrs+label?
Then somewhere model file, must be defined when to play what.

As it is a bit off topic here, I'll post and discuss in the Voice tread.

More
30 Nov 2016 18:01 #56392 by HappyHarry
i have uploaded a new build, details are in the first post, as always enjoy your rc adventures and post if you find any bugs/issues in the builds :)

More
01 Dec 2016 00:22 #56397 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds

HappyHarry wrote: i have uploaded a new build, details are in the first post, as always enjoy your rc adventures and post if you find any bugs/issues in the builds :)

Thanks HH ! :woohoo:

More
01 Dec 2016 08:25 #56407 by Fernandez
Hi Happy super! Does your new build include de Bayang / Eachine H8 Silver X Firmware telemetry update?

Will try this one this weekend and let you know, so far I never had any issue with U7E and your builds al stable safe and great control.
Any luck from your side with voice output, I have just received small speaker and amp, as mentioned voice mod works ok as is, but is not "fancy" yet.

More
01 Dec 2016 15:50 - 01 Dec 2016 15:51 #56410 by HappyHarry
no probs guys, fernandez that code was accepted into the repo a few hours after i did my builds lol, i'll get a new build done later today as i want to try it out also with my xxx'd builds. as for the voice stuff i have all the components in the u7e and working but i've not had much free time to really look into it (also lack of free time is why it's been so long between builds) but things should ease up in the coming weeks and i'll look into it properly and see what can be done with it :)
Last edit: 01 Dec 2016 15:51 by HappyHarry.

More
02 Dec 2016 00:49 #56425 by compman2
Replied by compman2 on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
Ok,
So I replaced the MCU and flashed the bootloader. That all seemed to go well. Now I connect batteries and turn on unit and nothing happens so I can't connect to defuse tool to load firmware. Any suggestions. It appears that a pin isn't soldered well or something.

computer nerd, hobby collector, proud father

More
02 Dec 2016 07:36 - 02 Dec 2016 07:37 #56438 by Nitro_123
Replied by Nitro_123 on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
Check for shorts and disconnect all your other stuffs like switch mods and modules and try running again.
I'm smart /s and managed to short a module and after I desoldered everything got it working. From there you can connect stuff one by one :)

If you still can't get it working check the mcu itself for shorts using a multimeter and magnifying glass
Last edit: 02 Dec 2016 07:37 by Nitro_123.

More
03 Dec 2016 18:22 #56489 by HappyHarry
yeah this is most definitely shorts or bad connection to some of the mcu pins, as nitor_123 says i'd re-check your soldering of the mcu under some magnification to make sure you have no shorts and good connections to all pins.

i have uploaded a new build which includes the silverxxx/bayang telemetry mods, info is in the first post

as always enjoy :)

More
03 Dec 2016 22:20 #56497 by Darth Vapour
Replied by Darth Vapour on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
Check you're getting 3.3 volts from the regulator and the power is getting to the mcu.
This is partly where I went wrong, I replaced the regulator and it now has other weird issues.
Put my devo7e on the back burner for now and will get back to it at some point in the future.
Just be very careful of the pads on the main board, they lift off very easily.

More
04 Dec 2016 21:25 #56525 by Fernandez
Thanks Harry your latest build is running fine in my u7e, the version with sound over ppm.

More
04 Dec 2016 23:33 #56527 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
Hi guys, is there a way to have only 2 3-ways but 4 2-ways? If so what would the wiring look like?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds