Ultimate 7e-256k builds

More
05 Dec 2016 08:26 #56534 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
Yes you can, I run, 2 switches 3 way and 6 switches 2 way + 2x pots on my u7e.

Maybe it is good to add the links to the "Silpstream" Switches and POTS U7E, to the first post. Silpstream have added a Matrix table so you can choose many switch configurations.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/5824-ul...witch?start=40#50865

silpstream.com/209/ultimate7e-adding-2-extra-potentiometers/
silpstream.com/163/ultimate7e-adding-4-extra-3-way-switches/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2016 13:19 #56542 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
Try and you for the link, that'll get me going!

It would be great if we could get that added to the first post / list of resources... Silpstreams blog states 3 3-ways are required, that if you only want 2 you need to follow the original switch mod...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
05 Dec 2016 13:50 #56544 by silpstream
Replied by silpstream on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
Hey CK, sorry I went a bit quiet here. Got other stuff going at school so haven't really popped by here. I will however keep track to the things that I started, so here I am. Fernandez, is correct in saying that you can have 2 3-ways with 4 2-ways. The links he gave you are right. If you run into problems, I'll try to help. I'm interested in your switch configuration, since it is a switch configuration that no one has tested or given me feedback on. Hopefully the code works as it is (that's how I designed it, but you never know). Let me know how things go. I really should, update the first post as well as my blog... will get to it. ;P

More
05 Dec 2016 15:27 #56547 by bianchifan
Replied by bianchifan on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds

Cereal_Killer wrote: ilpstreams blog states 3 3-ways are required

That's not correct, he posted a pic with all possible combis within his thread, 2 pcs of 3-ways can be combined with zero to six 2-ways ;)

For I'm using other colours than specified in his illustration I made one for myself:
2 pcs 3-way (3x2) and 4 pcs 2-way (2x4)

Unfortunately I couldn't test cause the soft won't run on my deWalkeralized system :(

silpstream wrote: ..since it is a switch configuration that no one has tested or given me feedback on. Hopefully the code works as it is ..

I'm burning to test it..but my very first do was extracting the stock module and throwing it into a garbage ton.
So no runnin' soft until now ("Missing module..) and no bug reports for me..:(
Attachments:

More
05 Dec 2016 16:51 #56552 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
What is the "deWalkeralized system"?

More
05 Dec 2016 19:57 - 05 Dec 2016 20:00 #56559 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
the links to all silpstreams great u7e mods are on the download page for each build i upload, i can't see how anyone could have downloaded the firmware and not seen them :/

victzh he has a u7e without a cyrf chip, he fitted a 3in1 and also removed the stock rfmodule so when he boots any of my builds he gets stuck at a missing module screen, i've had a look of the code but it's beyond my skills as how to remove this check and keep the firmware working
Last edit: 05 Dec 2016 20:00 by HappyHarry.

More
06 Dec 2016 14:49 #56592 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds

HappyHarry wrote: victzh he has a u7e without a cyrf chip, he fitted a 3in1 and also removed the stock rfmodule so when he boots any of my builds he gets stuck at a missing module screen, i've had a look of the code but it's beyond my skills as how to remove this check and keep the firmware working

I've replaced it now in preparation for the kids Xmas (they're getting some spectrum BNF stuff) but I ran my u7e for a while with the stock HF module removed. The trick I did was to go threw every model and change it to a protocol that doesn't use the CYRF... You still have to clear the error but it let me every time... Maybe that's not what your saying/asking, or maybe it is what your saying but you can't live with the error nagging you every time [understandable]

Anyway quick switch question. As you saw me mention I'm redoing my u7e to have 3x2 & 2x4 but since 3x2 supports up to 2x6 I figured I would add a pair of momentary buttons. When using these buttons (momentary only, must be held to show on) will I need to use the diodes on them still? My understanding of why we need the diodes is to make switches appear as button presses so do we need them when we're actually using buttons?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
06 Dec 2016 16:05 - 06 Dec 2016 16:06 #56595 by Nitro_123
Replied by Nitro_123 on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds
From what little I know of hardware denouncing (I think ) yes I think you'll need diodes.
Someone with more knowledge feel free to correct me :)

Edit: I just joined the ultimate 7e club :D. Now I need to add some more switches and pots :P
So much for that Taranis I just bought
Last edit: 06 Dec 2016 16:06 by Nitro_123.

More
06 Dec 2016 16:33 - 06 Dec 2016 16:33 #56596 by HappyHarry
Cereal_Killer for some reason bianchifan could never get past the warning screen no matter what he tried with any of my builds, and as i didn't want to start pulling my u7e's to bits to replicate it i looked in the code to where it does the hardware check for each rf chip, this check is what i tried removing but i never did get it to work, had he been able to just press ent and get past the error screen i'd have just left it as that as it's a small problem to face for such an unusual use case.

as for the diodes i think they are required due to how the switch tables are parsed, iirc it scans the 'columns' then then the 'rows' so each switch position should only be able to be read in one direction
Last edit: 06 Dec 2016 16:33 by HappyHarry.

More
06 Dec 2016 17:05 #56597 by victzh
Frankly, I'm not sure this check is reasonable for all of the possible RF chips, CYRF6936 including. It should check for the chip for currently selected protocol, that check is important to make user aware of a bug in the TX before they try to use it, but arbitrary chip (even native to this type of controller) - no sense.

After my two big modifications - code for my SPI switch for 4-in-1 module and Devo 12e support I will take a look at this.

More
06 Dec 2016 23:04 #56607 by HappyHarry
i agree, i think that each chip should only be checked for if it is enabled in hardware.ini, this works for all but the cyrf so hopefully will it be possible to make the cyrf check the same

More
08 Dec 2016 12:52 #56662 by bianchifan
Replied by bianchifan on topic Ultimate 7e-256k builds

victzh wrote: .. SPI switch....

???

While updating my normal UBUNTU partition to the actual version a fatal error occured..partition ran out of space :((, so I was forced to install Ubuntu 16/10 from scratch. While Arduino IDE 1.6.12 runs fine with actual STM32duino/arm-none-eabi the installation of the GNU ARM-none-eabi-toolchain sucks..different versions with partial same components do not like each other..at this very moment I'm brianfucked and cannot compile any STM32 stuff outside the very limited STM32duino world... :(

IIRC the problem may?! be the optimizer/linker..

1. The "normal" nitely hex boots up fine, the message "Missing Modules.." appears and can be clicked away :)
2. Compiling a MODULIZED FW from nitely sources ditto, it started fine.
3. The exact result of conpiling a NON modulized version I forgot but at least no running stuff.
4. Compiling a NON modulized version of 256K sources showed the same result as a precompiled hex.."Missing Modules.." again and again andagain...
5. Compiling a MODULIZED version from the 256k sources were compiling fine but brought a couple of errors during optimizing/linking I couldn't resolve due to lack of knowledge.

- The sources seemed ok for me, I searched for situations with "Missing mod.." only.
- The optimizer I didn't understood, absolutely no skills.

More
08 Dec 2016 16:23 #56672 by victzh
Can you try this build? www.deviationtx.com/media/kunena/attachments/98/devo7e-256.zip

And to fix your build environment, better use docker image. Docker is the only supported now way of building Deviation because of reproducibility.

More
08 Dec 2016 16:27 #56673 by victzh
SPI switch - is an add on (or motherboard) for 4-in-1 module which allows to avoid soldering for almost all models. See www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...ule?start=1080#56313

I'm slowly moving ahead - now only F-series is not working. I'll have F12E this weekend and try to finish it up.

More
08 Dec 2016 19:01 - 08 Dec 2016 19:35 #56677 by Fernandez
no idea how deviation nightlys are being build?
But why not add the U7E to the standard list of supported platforms?

I am wondering how many u7E are around, I think it is getting pretty large usergroup......
Last edit: 08 Dec 2016 19:35 by Fernandez.

More
08 Dec 2016 19:06 #56678 by victzh
The main reason is user confusion. Not many people read manuals, so newcomers will definitely choose better, shiny Ultimate-256k build, and then wonder why is this crappy firmware doesn't work at all. And ask questions in forum, and you will explain it many, many times.

More
08 Dec 2016 19:41 - 08 Dec 2016 19:41 #56679 by Fernandez
Hmm I can't believe it. If we clearly put in the title U7E, not load into Devo7e radio.

People taking time to install deviation, are people who like to tinker, and spend some time in that as part of there hobby, othgerwise they buy a spectrum or futaba.
By putting this build as a supported platform, we can attract more user to U7E.
Last edit: 08 Dec 2016 19:41 by Fernandez.

More
08 Dec 2016 19:42 #56680 by victzh
I can do this as an experiment, we'll see about the confusion.

More
08 Dec 2016 19:46 #56681 by victzh
Done. Should be in tonight's builds.

More
08 Dec 2016 20:35 - 08 Dec 2016 20:36 #56683 by HappyHarry
heh the amount of pm's i've had from users with stock 7e's asking why my builds don't work on their tx has been numerous, that's even with a large size red font warning on every download page lol, but it does no harm to their tx so it's not a real worry imo. also it was PB who was against adding the u7e to the nightlies mainly i think as he thought it would be a very small user group as well as the confusion to normal 7e users, but i'm all for having it there 8)
Last edit: 08 Dec 2016 20:36 by HappyHarry.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds